Friday, August 26, 2011

Elliott turns 5 months old!



Baby's ages before they turn 1 are confusing and I'm generally having a hard time keeping up with EXACTLY what week Elliott's on. My mother knows - she keeps up with it in her little purse calendar. However, what I do know is that August 25th was the 5 month anniversary of Elliott's birth - so we're going with 5 months old! :) (I think she's actually more like 5 1/2, but who's counting??)



She woke up with some pretty rad hair on the morning of her 5 month birthday. Don't worry - here are a few more pics (I wouldn't leave you out of this!)




Oh, and she has also FOUND HER TOES!


The pediatrician told us a month or so ago that we can start her on baby food. I was a little shocked, but apparently one of the prerequisites for starting baby food is doubling in birth weight. At 17.5 lbs, my daughter has FAR exceeded this goal (having started life at 7 lb 11 oz) - no failure to thrive here, people! :) Therefore, today we started her on some homemade rice cereal (recipe from The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet by Karen Knight and Tina Ruggiero). **On a side note, I'd also like to mention that I made a homemade oatmeal bath for Michael, who is currently suffering from a bad case of hives after an allergic reaction to some antibiotics. Homemade rice cereal AND oatmeal bath? All before 9:30 AM? Why yes, I AM that good. Oh yes - and Michael will be fine. Thank you for caring. :)**

Back to the rice cereal: I am very excited about this new stage of Elliott's life. However, I'm not sure that she is so excited about it. Let's just say that a lot of parental giggling followed several dramatic gag sessions from our little angel... All in all, though - I think she'll get it down eventually (get it?!?!).... ;)

1 comment:

Jo said...

She is soooooo precious! I can't wait to play her!